Sunday, November 27, 2011

AP Term: Flashback

Flashback: A narrative device that flashes back to prior events. Also used as a way for authors or directors to inform you of something that happened before the current event.

The Notebook was one of the best movies I could think of to include because the entire movie is a series of flashbacks that take place while Noah is telling the story to Allie.



Also, if you have seen the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp) has lots of flshbacks about his childhood. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a video of this...

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/pto/lowres/pton211l.jpg
And I just found this ^^ entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. First off I want to say: Awwwwww!!! The Notebook! :)

    Now then....You're examples are great ones. The examples support the definition of flashback really well! I won't be forgetting this on the final!

    ReplyDelete