Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Notes on Hamlet

 Post to your blog under the title, "Notes on Hamlet." Explain how your thinking about the play has evolved from the time we began reading to the end of Act III. Has anything changed your mind about the plot or characters since the ghost showed up at midnight? Where do you see things going from here?


     When we first started this play I thought that I was going to hate it. But now I can honestly say that I like it a lot more than I had originally thought that I would.  I feel as if I better understand hamlet as a character, a person and as a thinker. After studying the monologue I feel a lot more connected to the way he thinks and i can better predict what his next move or action will be. I used to think that Polonious was a good man who just worried about his daughter but now I think of him as a sneaky brown nose-er with a hidden agenda. He seems to only want to get n the kings good side and he'll take any measures to do that.  He spies on people and sends people to do his spying for him.  From here I can only see things getting worse. Hamlet will continue to fall apart and so will his uncle until they will finally have no choice but to battle it out. Hamlet will fight his uncle and his uncle will die.

No comments:

Post a Comment