Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Facebook or Not to Facebook



     When Facebook first came into view for me, I hated it.  I thought that Myspace was SO much better. You could play more games, the format was cooler and you could change the background! How awesome is that?! But finally I grew up a little and realized that Myspace is lame. (no offense to those who like Myspace) I really enjoy Facebook because it makes it so easy to stay in touch with the friends that I wouldn't see on a day to day basis. I can be kept updated with little to no effort on my part other than a few mouse clicks. But you do have to be careful. Once something is on the internet, good luck getting it off. The article made me realize that just because my Facebook settings are 'private' doesn't mean that they're actually private. Millions of people can still see your wall and photos. Companies can view what you like and dislike and advertise to you specifically. 
     Do you have any idea how scary it is to do a Google search of yourself and actually see pictures of yourself?! I do because that's what I just did...  from now on I'm gonna be extra careful about what I say, do, and post online.

No comments:

Post a Comment